Tuesday, November 24, 2009

food for the soul

As most Mums know, you really dont get much 'me time' when you have kids, especially preschoolers. The little thing that keeps me going is being able to grab a few moments to indulge in some creative pursuit. The last couple of days have had my heart singing with creativity :) Ive had a chance to indulge (all be it amoungst the chatter and chaos of the little ones) in my two current loves - sewing and photography.

Yesterday on our walk to pick up Isaac from kindy, Jazz and I popped into the local op shop. I was after a pillow case to make another little dress, but a cute polka dot skirt grabbed my attention as soon as I walked in. My mind started ticking over....surely it couldnt be too hard to turn a ladies skirt into a very cute little girls dress? With this aim in mind I found a second funky skirt and handed over my $4 (which included three more tupperware tumblers - gotta love a true op shop bargain!)

After a few hours fiddling around, designing, cutting, sewing, unpicking (LOL),
I turned this skirt...


into this pretty little dress...



complete with zip up back


and matching head band

and then I turned this skirt...


into this funky little number...

hehehehe, it reminds me of something out of an Austin Powers movie :)


Today I had the absolute pleasure of getting to take some photos of a gorgeous 38 1/2 week pregnant belly. Here are a couple of quick edits for you Nell.....


thank you so much for letting me take these for you...you really do have a beautiful pregnant glow about you, you look fantastic! I cant wait to meet your precious little one!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Love the refashioned dresses!! Very clever to 'fix' those skirts :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Nic, these are so adorable! And a bargain to boot!

I wish Jaz was bigger than she is so I could put dibs on her hand me downs!

Erica

Nat said...

Nic, they're gorgeous! Well done. I've been making a couple of pillowcase dreses myself this week and I'm having fun! Will have to share soon.

Kelly Casanova said...

What cute little dresses, once you start upcycling it's hard to stop, so many clothes out there just waiting for a new lease on life!