Thursday, February 23, 2006
It never ceases to amaze me how much time and effort it takes to pack up to go away...and I had definately forgotten how much more stuff yoiu need to take with a new baby LOL Thank goodness we have a station wagon now!
Anyway I hope everyoine else has a fabulous weekend and I will catch up with everyone next week.
PS Hope the girls on the scrap boxx retreat have an awesome time...good luck with your class Nic!!!
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
This was my first ever LO to be published so it will always have a special place. I used some gorgeous pics of my Dad as a child. I remember being so excited about being able to use my 'new' rubons on this LO!!!
This LO is a scraplift of a LO by Katie T that I did as part of a 2 peas challenge. I love Katies style, and still love how this LO turned out. I also just love the cheeky look on Calebs face in this pic - what happened to that angelic little child???!!!!
I did this LO for the SM masters in 2004. It didn't get me anywhere though LOL! But who cares I still love it! Its my boys just being boys, so full of wonder & excitement about the world around them.
This one is a 6x6 LO I did for Ericas circle journal that we started way back when ASC was still Snappy scrapping. Even though it doesnt show my whole family now, I love the colour combo - it was very E at the time, and not something I had tried before. This was the most awesome group of girls to do my very first circle journal with and I treasure mine. Love ya all!!!
Here is a really recent one. Ive had this one on my blog already, and as I said then, its not the best photo, but I love the love & tenderness that it captures between Isaac & Craig.
OK thats it for now. Its funny that doing this challenge has really made me have a good hard look at why I scrap. When I was going through my LO trying to decide on my favorites, it wasn't necessarily the ones with the latest and greatest papers or embelishments, it was those with the photos that instantly brought back special memories that I consider mostly to be my favourites. I just hope that i have captured these emotions and memories in the pages that I have scrapped.
Here is the first couple of my LOs
I think i love this one cause it was some of the first photos that i took when i got my digital camera. the kids just loved that i let them play down the creek and didn't care when they got soaked lol. the things we do for a photo. im also not really good at using circles on LO, so this
proves i can do it!
This is a bit more recent - obviously. I didnt get many belly shots with my first two pregnancies, so thats probably why i like these pics. The light is just right, and i don't think i look like a beached whale...which i actually did!!! I took these photos myself using the self timer of my camera. they dont have my head in them because i couldnt get the camera far enough away in the room i was taking the photos in.
This next LO is a fave because it really captures my best friend Sabine doing something she loves - taking photos. It also reminds me of all the fun we had on our trip to NZ in 2004.
Thats all I have time for now..stay tuned for the next episode........TFL xxx
Sunday, February 12, 2006
I will start with Friday. I went to scrapbook station on Friday morning to drop off my latest design team LO, and ended up walking out about $100 poorer!!! Can't wait to have some time to actually use some of my goodies. That did include about 20 sheets of bazzill though cause Im running incredibly low. This is the last month of the design team as is. From next month we have some changes to the way it is run, and some new people joining us which is really exciting. Janine is such a great person to create for, she has an infectious enthusiasm for scrapping and just LOVES keepoing abreast of all the new products that are released - it was great to have a chance to chat with her and have a sneak peek at all the yummy stuff that will be arriving in the next couple of months. Their web site is going to undergo heaps of changes too, so if you havn't visited pop in and have a lok see as the changes begin to take effect over the next couple of months.
Then it was off to the gorgeous Kathies for a coffee and yummy lunch. And even more importantly to finally meet her asolutlely adorable little man Jamie. He and Isaac hit it off right away..well as much as 3 month old babies can LOL! They both managed a little snooze (kind of!)while we had lunch as well which was nice. It was fantastic to chat with Kathie and hear about someone else going through all the same stuff as a new mum as well. even though this is my third bub, its been along time and there is so much that I have forgotten about when they have growth spurts etc. When you read this Kathie - Isaac loves going on his tummy in his little donut cushion too - can't believe Id never thought of doing this before LOL.
I left Kathies and headed off to do a bit of shopping - what a futile exercise that was. No one at the plaza sold epson photo paper, no one had any rashie tops for the kids before we go away (bad time of the year to be looking for these, but there others are getting very worn out) no one had the little clocks that I was trying to find for my mum to give my nephew for his christening today. The only thing I managed to get was a birthday present for Craigs niece, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. I didn't even go into pumpkin patch - far easier than trying to resist all of the end of season bargains.
Saturday was spent at my Nannas at a garage sale we had to clear out all of her stuff. I was there from 9am - 4.30pm Isaac was so good, but he really didn't sleep much, except cat naps in our arms all day. He really isn't getting into any good sleeping patterns during the day, and its my fault - its just been so busy! He sleeps OK at night though and usually only wakes once for a feed, so thats OK.
Saturday night we had tea at my SIL for her daughter, Rhiannons 10th birthday. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. It was not long ago her and her frinds were just going from kindy to school, now they are just so grown up...won't be long and the whole boyfriend thing will come around i suppose. At least having boys that is one thing I won't have to dael with first hand LOL.
Today we had my sisiters little boy, Rileys christening.
Half way through the service I nearly laughed out loud - his brother Luke who is 3, was all dressed up in little suit pants and a white shirt, he looked absolutely gorgeous. His dad picked him up and i looked down at his feet...don't know if you can pick it but there are little flowers around the tops of his socks - what a crack up - I reckon it might have been a bit of a rush job geting dressed at their house today LOL. It was at 8.30am and then back to their house for brunch after. Eggs, bacon, tomatoes, sausages on the BBQ, big chunky slices of toast with butter and vegemite and a fruit platter.
Issac napped in grandma and grandpas arms (I see a pattern forming here!) He knows how to milk it already - he just gazes up at who ever is holding him, smiling and gooing at them like they are the only person on earth who matters to him LOL - I guess at that particualr moment in time they are!!!! It was a great morning and we were home about 12.30pm. I cleaned out the car and then got a little nap this afternoon while DH spent some quality time with the boys. They played board games, hit the golf balls around, played bocce and had a wonderful time with their dad. I just love seeing them spending time like this with him, they are getting to the age now where they just thrive on this attention from him.
If your still with me, and havn't fallen asleep yet (congratulations youve done well!) thats about it for now. Must go and get everything organised for another school week now.
Catch you soon!!!
Thursday, February 09, 2006
You know you grew up in the 1980's if ...
1. Cabbage patch kids were legitimate members of your family. ( I never owned one!)
2. You watched the Pound Puppies. (nope)
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of BelAir" (never heard of it)
4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish. (how about under short baby doll dresses - eek!)
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby Sitter's Club and you even started a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. (NO never really into dolls, but my best friend still has her original strawberry shortcake dolls!!!)
7. You know that "WHOA" comes from Joey on Blossom.
8. Two words: M.C. Hammer
9. You even watched "Fraggle Rock".
10. You had plastic streamers on your handlebars. of course!
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales". ("what the")
12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen.
15. You made your mum buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. (dont be silly - I just tied the knot!)
16. You played the game "MATCH" (Mansion, Apartment, Toilet, Church,House) (?????????)
17. You walked like an Egyptian. (cool song, love the bangles)
18. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten.
19. You remember reading "Are you there God, it's me, Margaret" (the name rings a bell)
20. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF" (if only karate was that easy!)
21. You wanted to be a Goonie.
22. You even wore fluorescent clothing. (unfortunately I thought flouro socks were cool)
23. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off... (I hate to admit, I thought he was a real spunk when the thriller film clip came out - what was I thinking!!!)
24. You have even pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf. (and smurfs are making a come back, surely there will be more girls this time LOL)
25. You took Lunch Pails to school.
26. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
27. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
28. You remember Hypercolor tshirts. (you wore them with flouro socks)
29. Barbie and the Rockers was your favourite band. (...NOT)
30. You thought Sheera and HeMan should hook up.
31. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets. (do those snap apart friendship charms count ???)
32. You even owned a pair of JellyShoes. (mmmm....probably wore them with the socks & T shirt!!!!!)
33. After you saw PeeWee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?" (no but Im geussing its the same as the whole whos on first, whats on second conversation)
34. You remember, "I've fallen and I can't get up"
35. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. (and I even had the co-ordination to fall over and crack my head open on the ice)
36. You even got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide. (yeh but that was only a couple of years ago when my neighbour - not her kids, her - cracked a rib on ours!!! and yes we had been drinking)
37. You remember when the film clip to "Like A Prayer" was banned
38. You have even played with a SkipIt.
39. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
40. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
41. You remember Popples.
42. "Don't worry, be happy"
43. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
44. You wore socks scrunched down.
45. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK"
46. You remember boom boxes vs. cd players.
47. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies. (I even names my pet guinee pig Gizmo)
48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
49. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and My Little Pony Tales"
50. You thought Doogie Howser was hot.
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac! (who could forget Alf)
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were famous. (didn't like them much though)
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell", the ORIGINAL class. -
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi SHOT THRU THE HEART. (doesnt everyone?!?!)
55. You just sang those words to yourself (didn't everyone LOL)
56. You cut your tshirts in half and wore it with your homemade Levi shorts...(the shorter the better)
57. You remember when mullets were cool! (mullets were NEVER cool)
58. You had a mullet!
59. You still sing, "We are the World"
..............and you remember wham, kimba the white lion, worzel gummage, HR puffinstuff, the leyland brothers on sunday nights, (sorry about the lack of capitals, Isaacs just woken and is in my other arm) bubblegum jeans, romes, desert boots & duffle coats, free night club entry, night clubs shutting at 2am, yelling the words to the songs 'you give me head' & "i never want to see your face again', bubble skirts and horrid coloured bridesmaids dresses, big hair & stretchy belts, sons & daughters, kylie & jasons wedding - and their wedding song, australia 2 winning the americas cup, Molly dying on ACP, one & two cent pieces, and paper $1, $2 notes, the cat sat on the mat & digger the dog readers. OK enough now, got a bit carried away with the memories there LOL but can't forget heavy blue eye shadow and coloured mascsara!!!
Hope you enjoyed my little trip down memory lane!!!!
Monday, February 06, 2006
Isaac is now smiling and 'talking' to everyone. It just melts your heart. I could just sit and talk to him all day. I took this pic of him gooing and gaahing at his great grandma on her 90th birthday. She was thrilled that he was talking away to her. He just loves all the attention it is getting him as well!
On Friday it was Nannas actual birthday, we had a little party at the retirement home where Nanna is now living, Friday night it was out for tea with all the family, Saturday morning I spent trying to get organised and get food cooked for the Christening on Sunday, and then went to mum & Dads for an open house for Nannas birthday. Luckily the boys had cricket in the morning, and got invited to friends places to play for the afternoon, so I got quite a bit achieved. Saturday night was at the inlaws for a BBQ with the rellies from Victoria that were over for the Christening. Sunday I managed a bit of a sleep in till 8am and then ran around like a headless chook trying to get everyone and everything ready to head to church.
Isaac wore the Christening gown that my Nanna, my Dad, and myself have worn. Its over 100 years old. Its getting pretty fragile now, and I don't think it will be around for my grandchildren to wear, so Im really glad my kids have had the chance to wear it. After a REALLY long service we headed back to our place for lunch. It was a great day. I had so much help from everyone with making food, and serving and cleaning up - it was fantasitic! We had about 20 adults and nearly that many kids. the kids were all so well behaved and had a great day to. Isaac hardly slept all day, but was just a little angel. He smiled and talked to all his guests and drifted off for a little nap in anyones arms that cared to hold him long enough - wouldn't stay asleep when he got put down in his cradle though LOL. He got thoroughly spoiled with the most gorgeous christening gifts as well.
Needless to say we all slept very well last night. Although I still had to feed my little angel twice and get up and put his dummy in once!!!
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Five snacks that you enjoy:
Ice cream/ice blocks/any thing frozen
dried apricots & almonds
chocolate coated licorice sticks
Five songs to which you KNOW all the lyrics :
Summer of 69 (and most of Bryan Adams other songs)
Twinkle Twinkle little star (Caleb & Nathans favourite songs as babies)
Crazy for you (Madonna - loved this as a tennager!)
Hurts so good (John Cougar)
All shook up (Billy Joel - my fave song to do the house work to! Love the whole honeymoon in vegas CD)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Not have a mortgage
Give some away to family, my best friend and charity
Have my very own scrapping space & what ever supplies my heart desired & open my own scrap shop
Be able to visit friends interstate when ever I felt like it
Make sure my kids would always had enought to be comfortable, but still valued hard work and the ability to earn money.
Five bad habits:
To much time on the computer
Yelling at the kids when I get grumpy with them
procrastinating - especially about doing housework!!!!
piling crap in one spot on my kitchen bench
chewing my nails - although I havn't really done that since I got pregnant with Isaac
Five things you like doing:
Spending time with my family and friends
hugging my kids
going on relaxing holidays
Five things you would never wear, buy, or get again:
mmmmmmm never say never....but...
I would never wear a bikini - very scary!!!!
I would never buy a dagwood dog at the show - YUK
I would never go back to dial up internet
I would never die my hair with a pink or purple rinse when Im old and grey
I would never take my life and the people in it for granted - you never know whats around the corner
Five Favourite toys:
My stuffed dog patch that I got when I was 10 with birthday money from my nanna
My Russ teddies - no ones allowed to actually play with them though LOL
5 People I am tagging:
(sorry if any of you guys have already been tagged!!)
OK done it. Ive got a couple of LOs I will upload soon & Ive had three acceptances in the last week for SM as well.
Ill try and do it in the next day in between planning for Nannas 90th on Friday & Isaacs christening on Sunday and two different lots of interstate rellies arriving in the next couple of days. Its going to be full on around here for a while!!!