Tuesday, February 10, 2009

what a mess !!!!

This morning Jacinta and I headed off to have some photos taken by the lovely Philly of Sweet Chilli Philly Photography. I met Philly a while back through the photography forum on eb, and met her irl at a get together in the botanic garderns last year. When I mentioned that I was thinking about getting a photographer to shoot a 1st birthday cake smash shoot, she kindly put her hand up to have a go.

It was so much fun. My little princess was FAR from a dainty elegant little cake eater though. She dove straight in - basically burying her entire face in the cake for every bite. I can't wait to see the results of the shoot! (eta Philly has some of the shots on her blog now )
Here is a quick snap of the shoot in progress.



... yes that mushy mess of crumbs in front of her was, just minutes before, a painstakingly decorated miniture birthday cake!!!! and despite her looking reasonably clean form this angle, the other side of her face was totally covered in cake!!!

Thanks Philly!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. We can't be thinking first birthdays already?!?!
i bet those photos will be awesome! Great idea!

Katie Toland said...

Awww Philly did your pics!! Can't wait to see them either :)

Shazz said...

OMG...i laughed til i had tears rolling down my cheeks....what classic pics they are nic. jacinta is just adorable - even covered in cake.
have a great sunday xxoo

Janinek said...

I went over to her blog and those pics are divine in a very messy sort of way!! Loved them.