Wednesday, November 17, 2010

pretty dresses

This dress turned out every bit as pretty as I had hoped.

I used the raglan shift dress pattern from whole grain baby. I made it using the size 2 pattern (only because that was what I had printed and cut up from last year!) I added a little to the length, and also added about 2cm to the sleeve length to male it sit down a little more rather than sit out.

The gorgeous Riley Blake fabrics are from the same range that I have to make the quilt for Jacinta's bed.

I ordered them online, and they were even more beautiful in real life than they were on my screen!

I was inspired to use this fabric combo by a beautiful dress Nat from Patooties had in her recent shop stocking. I loved it as soon as I saw it, and when I went looking to find out what it was, I found the entire range and knew it was perfect for the dress and the quilt I had in my mind!

2 comments:

The Handmaden said...

Lovely little dress, love the matching headband.

Anna - tillytom.com.au said...

The fabrics are gorgeous and J looks very happy with her new dress!