The first was an appliqued centre panel, while it was very cute, it just didnt work with the rest of my fabrics...I salvaged the pieces though and plan to incorporate them into my quilt label - if I ever get a quilt finished!
Take 2 was a series of pieced turning corner blocks - they came together nicely, points all matching up (after a little bit of unpicking LOL) but I just couldnt work it into something I loved - the prints are all quite busy, and it needed a little more of a colour pop - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh back to the drawing board.
Here is it is as I was playing around with adding appliques, and sashings etc to try and bring it together - just a b&w pic though so I dont give all the fabric colours away!
Today I went back to the original design I had sketched and started cutting and piecing that together. There were so many distractions that it took me much longer than it should have. I had to re think, unpick, re sew, but in the end Ive come up with something I actually like. Im planning some applique to finish it off and then have to quilt it - thats the bit that is concerning me atm!!! The quilt is going to someone who in my eyes is quite an accomplished quilter - the pressure is on!!! So with out further a do here is a sneek peek of my day...
excuse the not in focus photo. I didnt want to use the flash!
I finally cut the binding strips for Jacintas quilt tonight and hopefully can bribe the boys to amuse the little ones long enough tomorrow to get it machine stitched on, ready for a few nights in front of the TV doing the hand stitching!