Wednesday, April 21, 2010

my 2010 diary

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while might remember I made my own diary/planner last year. I did the same thing this year, and since I still get quite a few visits to that original post (attempting to be organised) I thought I would share my 2010 diary.




It is very similar to last years with a few updated features...

- I added pretty tabs for each month, to make it easier to find things.





- I had it bound using wire binding so it sits nice and flat and is a little more robust than the plastic binding on the 2009 edition.




I added a few extra pages to scribble notes etc, and a full 2010 & 2011 calendar to the first pages.




This is where my diary lives - on the end of the kitchen bench, right near the phone and the calendar. Its very handy not to have to scramble for a piece of paper to jot something down while I'm on the phone - and then try to find it again when I need it.





I have all the public holidays shaded in yellow, Nath & Isaacs school holidays in marked over the date in pink, and Calebs in blue.


You might notice that it looks a lot chunkier than last years - this was not intentional. I printed it on Craig's printer and obviously didn't adjust the settings properly - instead of returning to flip the pages and print on the other side, I found an entire diary printed on one side only. I wasn't about to do it all again, so I used it as was - now I have blank some scribble paper between every week! I guess I can always use the blank pages next year as a note book!

I ended up sending out the template to a few people so they could have a go at making their own, but I'm not sure how they went with it - if anyone reads this that had a try, Id love to know if it worked, or if it was a complete disaster trying to personalise it for your family.

7 comments:

Charmaine said...

I thought it was a great idea Nicole.....i might pop it on my to do list to have a go at, i was very impressed with it

Unknown said...

Nic it looks great, I have been struggling trying to find one myeslf so can I please have the template.

Becky said...

Your in trouble now, I admired last years diary but you didn't send me the template :) Feel free to make it up to me now ;)

Kelly Casanova said...

Very pretty diary!
I can't do without mine, have to write everything down. I think I should follow your tradition and have a pretty one too.

Julie said...

I would love to receive your template my SIL is a LF with number 8 on the way. I would love to make her one as a pressie.

Julie said...

Oops forgot my email
jewels_5_@hotmail.com

Thanks
Nicole

Unknown said...

Your planner is beautiful! May I please have a copy of your template? Thank you ~ MH
rndsdnrange@yahoo.com