Tuesday, January 09, 2007

one little word

I was reading this weeks AEzine (Ali Edwards newsletter) and just love her concept of chosing a word to focus on through out the year. The word that came to mind straight away for me was Grateful. I want to always remember to be grateful that I am blessed with such a wondeful life. Its all the little things that I so often take for granted that make it so special. I created this LO about my word (and take my word for it, the concept for this LO looked way better in my head - it definately lost something in the translation to reality LOL) Ive left blank tags so I can add something else each month that Im grateful for.

This is a bit of what was in the ezine
" Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2007?It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word. One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities."
(If you want to read more, its here)

What else have we been up to? Last Friday I had Kathie & Jamie up for lunch. Lovely to catch up with them again. The boys have been remarkably well behaved during the holidays - thank goodness! The weather has been great...the kids were on the slip and slide next door yesterday..lots of fun....


Isaac just loves iceblocks, but Im not too keen on the sticky mess (mean mummy I know!!!) so I made him some that were just water and he LOVED them!!! He could hold them himself and they could drip all over him and no one cared LOL

Ive also being trying to get a photo of Issacs weird new habit. He cant see why he needs to use his hands unless absolutely nessesary..he leans forward like this to have a drink with out having to pick it up, and when I offer him a piece of food, he just leans forward and wants to take it with his mouth. Look Mum, no hands....he's a funny monkey!!!

I keep forgetting to mention - the messageboard/forum is up and running again at Scrapbook Station. Come and check out some gorgeous LOs by some really talented gals including LOs by Kathie, Katie, Carol-lea that are on the home page right now. Just click on the messagebaord link to join us all in the forums.

Only about 1 1/2 weeks till I get to catch up with some gorgeous girlies at Creative edge. It will be my first ever class, and Im stoked that its a class by the very talented Zina Wright...I cant wait.

One more photo of my little (est) man to finish off today. Did anyone elses kids crawl like this? A couple of people have commented on his unusual style of late. He scuttles around most of the time like this. Maybe its just the rest of the world thats a bit odd though, cause when Kathie was here last week Jamie has the same gorgeous 'style'!!! (Ok mental note...need to get a few photos of his crawling...just went to grab one to put on here and this is the only one I could find!)

sorry if the text and photo are not matching up in this post..boggers not playing nice today!!!

6 comments:

Roz said...

Loving your pics Nic! Isaac is just adorable :o)

And your 2007 LO is gorgeous, and such a great idea. Hmmm, thinking of just 1 word for 07 is tough!!

Nat said...

Look @ that cute little butt! hehe, he's just too gorgeous! Eli sometimes crawls like this too. He's only relatively new to the crawling thing so I think he might be testing what's out there... usually he crawls with one knee and one foot, does that make sense. So he crawls with his left knee on the ground, but uses his right foot instead of knee! Strange. Maybe the wood floors (hard on little knees) have something to do with it...

And thankyou for the link to AEzine, I must have deleted mine without reading it this month and have regretted it since a few girls have posted about their word. I am trying hard to think what mine will be. Love your layout too, great concept and a wonderful word to focus on for the year. All too easily and often we forget to be grateful for all the wonderful things we have in our lives.

Love to you xxx

Mel Diener said...

lol...my kids used to crawl like that too. Must be something to do with the hard ground and their knees I'm guessing.

Cool layout, great idea.

Can't wait till CE..will be awesome to all get together and scrap.

Anonymous said...

That's a really stunning LO Nic, the words look totally awesome!
That iceblock pic of Issac is totally sweet man!
Looks like the boys love the slip and slide, I brought one for my boys for x-mas. The bloody thing killed my beautiful green grass! Grrr! Lol!

Love me :D

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that's Isaac! He looks so grown up. Great idea about the water ice-blocks.
Thanks for lunch the other day. Did I talk your head off, lol? I hadn't been out much lately. Too much to do at home.
And, yep. Jamie has always crawled like that. On the floorboards. On the carpet he tends to crawl a bit more "normally".

Anonymous said...

LOL - great pics Nic, and I love your Grateful LO - great doodling!

That pic of Isaac and the ice-block is so sweet, and what a great idea! Well done...

Um, I have to say that no, neither of my kids have ever crawled like that - Hannah "commando-ed" before crawling on her knees (we have wooden floors and it was winter, so I think it was just easier for her to slip along) but Ben has done the same thing. He just wants to walk all the time, though, so I don't know if he'll ever crawl properly! Aren't they all funny?