Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quilting time

Friday night I was home alone - well except for two little angels who went off to bed nice and early and gave Mummy lots of sewing time! Caleb & Nathans cricket game was Friday night and then Saturday morning. Being about an hour away, most of the boys and their Dads (and a few brave Mums!) camped the night at the oval.

Once the little ones were tucked up in bed asleep I had lots of hours of uninterrupted sewing time. I got these four D9P blocks finished.

I bought a charm pack of Moda Hunky Dory fabrics from Patchwork apple when I popped in there Friday. I could get hooked on these pre cut fabrics. So quick and easy. I also love the variety of designs from the range, many of which I wouldn't have normally chosen, but that I really like once they were sewn up.

I also sandwiched and quilted this little play quilt for a gift.


Ive had the top finished for ages. It is the first thing I have quilted with my walking foot, so the quilting is a little wonky, but it was made with love and I know the recipient wont mind, and her Mummy will be gentle with me and my emerging skills! I just need to finish hand stitching the binding and send it off.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Ooh, those blocks are just gorgeous!! I love the fabrics... charm pack hey..... maybe I need to hunt for some of those!

Jennifer said...

Nic - your D9P blocks are BEAUTIFUL! I have been looking for some fabric to do a quilt for my mum - and that Moda fabric would be perfect. I also love the coin quilt. A very luck baby