Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Whole Grian Baby Raglan Shift Dress

Here is the finished product...


...a $2 op shop ladies skirt (see previous post) refashioned into a pretty little girls dress that fits perfectly!


I made the size 2, and cant wait to make this dress again - it will be cool and comfortable, and offer some sun protection for her shoulders, which is the only downfall of the little tie shouldered dresses she already has. Im also tempted to get the halter dress pattern - looks very cute as well. You can find the Whole Grain Baby patterns here.

9 comments:

shan {missy melly} said...

i LOOOOOVE this!! so clever!! have to have one of these patterns for my girls. great work nic

Ruth said...

Wow, that has turned out really well, Nic. How cute :-)

Nat said...

ITs gorgeous Nic, might have to buy that pattern myself :)

Becky said...

Great job on using a skirt to make this, it looks great. Can't wait to give this pattern a go.

Email WGB beofre buying the halter. It was pre-release Nov last year but some of the ladies who bought it are still waiting on the pattern as it has not been finalised for sale as yet :(

Charmaine said...

wow what a great job you have done with it,,the dress looks gorgeous Nicole

Kylie said...

I love it - it looks great - good find on the adult to - it was perfect for it. Off to find those patterns:)

Corrie said...

gorgeous! well done, very cute!
don't you love refashioning!

Corrie:)

Patti~~~ said...

Lovely!! Makes me wish I had a little girl to put it on but, alas, all boys----and they're 20, 17, & 11. I guess I'll just have to hope for a grand-daughter someday.

Blessings, Patti

Louise said...

That is the cutest dress! You are very clever, I actually would wear that dress myself :)