Friday, January 01, 2010

A New Year Begins

Like most years 2009 was a year full of beginnings and endings, laughter and tears, celebrations and disappointments - but overall for Craig the kids and I it was a pretty good year.

Life is really busy with the four kids, especially with the differences in age. We have learned to work around Football, Cricket, Karate, School, Pre entry, Playgroup, Guitar, work and home commitments and things run reasonably smoothly...most of the time! This year is going to be a major organisational challenge - one at High School, one at Primary School, One at Kindy, one at home, Craig coaching Junior Colts Football and on the Senior Football Committee, I have taken on the role of Vice chairperson on the Kindy Committee, add to that the Karate, Guitar, Cricket, the increasingly busy social lives of the older boys, and I think my mind will have to stay in overdrive the whole year to keep up.

2010 will be a year of changes and new experiences for the kids. Caleb will begin High School, Isaac will start his two full days a week at kindy, Nathan moves into year six and will spend the next year as the only one of our children at his school, and Jacinta and I will get to spend a couple of days at home with just the two of us - she will miss Isaac terribly while he is at kindy, but I'm really looking forward to getting some 'girly time' with her.

**********************************************************

For the last few years Ive joined in with one little word on Ali Edwards blog. (For those of you who have not heard of Ali, she is a renown scrapbooker who is particularly talented at recording the storys that make each of us unique - especially the little things that can often be forgotten in the rush of day to day life.)
In 2007 my word was Grateful
In 2008 my word was Create
In 2009 my word was Organise

My word for 2010 is...
Contentment

I want to focus on being content with my life. Accepting the things I can not change, and changing the things that I can, and should. if it will help me to work towards being more content. I want to be content as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I want to further my skills as a homemaker, simplify my life, focus on the things that really are important and work towards that overall feeling of contentment and balance in my life.

*****************************************************

I am also going to attempt the Photo a day challenge for January as I did last year. I might only post them once or twice a week though - just to take the pressure off a blog post a day!
**************************************************

Happy New Year to you all.
May 2010 be filled with all you wish for - and more!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Love your woed hun, and I wish you all the best in acheiving that for the year.

I think mine might be Balance this year. But yours is a good one!

Becky said...

Contentment is a great choice for 2010 :)