Friday, December 04, 2009

2009 Advent blog-a-long | day 4


Resistance is futile...

This morning I had to go and drop some paperwork off at Caleb's school for next year. It just so happens that there is a spotlight not far from there. I wasn't far from a Spotlight yesterday either, but I managed to resist the temptation. Today I justified the visit to myself with the reasoning that the 30min drive to just drop off some paperwork (that could have been posted if I was a little more organised) may as well include a little window shopping since I was practically there anyway. I should have known my will power would be weakened by all that fabric, and the fact that I had the Christmas discount voucher in my pocket (spend $100 and get $40 off!)
I came home with some gorgeous glittery sheer fabric to make up a table runner for Christmas lunch (in exactly the same colours as my tree decorations, I was very excited!!!) , 2m wool blend wadding, some thread, new blades for my rotary cutter, a 4" quilters square, pins, bent safety pins, a 12m end of bolt (@ $1/m fabric) for a quilt back & Christmas gift bags - I'm aiming for a no wrapping paper Christmas this year, this fabric will also co ordinate with the tree very nicely, and some other stash building bits and pieces. Its a great feeling knowing that once I had the basic stuff I needed (wadding, thread & table runner fabric) which was about $60 worth, the next $40 was basically free, hence lots of nice little treats for me! I dont think my two very bored children were quite so impressed by my bargain shopping -an ice cream on the way home fixed that though, and they are now BOTH fast asleep, ahhhhhhhhhhh bliss!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Great shopping, ice cream works well at this time of year, on me anyway ;)